Getting Towards the end of camp
Well we have been at camp for 9 weeks now. it is hard to believe that in 2 weeks we will be leaving to head out on a new adventure.
Camp is going well. I (Gaby) taught the campers last week how to make damper and they absolutely loved it, they thought it was really cool. I had taken with me one of the Australian Geographic Inflatable kangaroos so i blew it up for decoration and they loved it.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday were really hot days with the temperature almost reaching 100F with the heat index over 110F. Which meant that my week was slightly different with pool trips on both Monday and Wednesday and on Tuesday a trip to the mall where the campers had $25 to by a themed outfit for their group counselor, the themes were set and they seemed to really enjoy it.
Dave has been off on lots of different trips with his counselors and campers they have been ice skating, roller skating, laser tag, the mall, pool and six flags amusement parks.
This weekend we had the use of camp van and there was also a camp trip to the local outlet mall so we did a fair bit of shopping, we didn't buy lots compared to others but I finally got to go to 2 of the big chain craft stores - Micheals and JoAnns, so I bought some craft stuff to send home.
2 Weeks ago the weekend camp trip was a staff appreciation trip to Six Flags America, which was lots of fun, Camp paid for our entry and lunch and we had heaps of fun all though 3 thunderstorms meant that the rides were shut down a few times. In the morning we went on the roller coasters which were lots of fun, all though very scary, I screamed lots and lots. In the Afternoon we went to the water park and the went on more calm rides:
See our latest news!
See our latest news!

4 Comments:
Just caught up on your news. Can't believe camp is almost over for you. Sounds like you have had loads of fun. Enjoy your updates.
Love Auntie Dot
Happy Birthday Gaby.
Hope you have a great day tomorrow. It sounds as if you'll be too busy to celebrate. It's great reading your news and learning about your adventures.
Love Liz and Glen
Gaby
Happy birthday for yesterday. I always remember the 7/8/78.
I enjoy reading all your news.
John A
Happy birthday for the 7th Gaby. Sounds like you are having a great time.
Auntie Fay
Post a Comment
<< Home