Saturday, June 11, 2005

Training at Camp

Well we have been at camp for 2 weeks now. Dave has finished his Head Conselor Training and is currently doing things for welcome weekend. Welcome weekend is when all the counselors arrive and there is various activities along with opportunities to meet everyone. I am enjoying the weekend, getting to meet lots of people.

For the first week we were here, I has doing early work crew which was doing lots of odd jobs to get ready for camp. Last saturday I did Archery training which means I have now completed my Level 1 qualification for the US Archery Association. I then did ropes training on Monday afternoon and Tuesday which was OK, I am not so keen on ropes so it was challenging. I enjoyed doing the low ropes course as part of training though.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I went with the other Wilderness and Teen counselors to spend 3 days at a local state park which was lots of fun, very challenging and a great way to get to know the people I will be working with for the summer.
Better go got some activites to go to at Welcome weekend.
Happy Birthday Ma & Pa Wade, hope that you had a great birthday party.
- Gaby


See our latest news!

1 Comments:

At 11:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Gaby and David,
Good to hear about your adventures. We are back in Singapore and Zara and Nikki are looking forward to your visit in Dec. They also want to say thank you for the lovely books you got them. Zara wanted to make you a Christmas card in BB but I persuaded her to wait until later this year!! Good luck with camp work!
Love, Siew Imm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home