Kings canyon and now San Fran
Well the rest of our time in the Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Parks went well. We spent one afternoon in Kings Canyon, though due to a wildfire it was very smokey so we didn't spend much time there. We did do a walk to Roaring River Falls and saw Muir Rock at the end of the road.
On the way back we stopped at Boyden Cavern where we got our own private tour of the cave, it was fantastic, we had done Crystal Cave the previous day but I preferred Boyden Cavern as it seemed nicer. These caves are different to the ones at home because they are Marble caves so they were quite different.
Micah liked the caves, wasn't to sure about the complete darkness but enjoyed the rest of it.
Yesterday we left Montiecito Sequoia Lodge and headed to San Francisco. Before leaving however we went and saw the General Sherman Tree, the biggest tree (by volume) in the forest. We also saw 2 bear, the first was near the tree and I (Gaby) spied it walking along a downed tree which was cool. The 2nd one gave us a fright though, we were almost back at the car and we had stopped to get a family photo and next thing we turn around and a bear is their, I was a little freaked out, but Dave and Micah thought it was cool.
Micah was happy, he had told me on the trip out to the tree that we would see a bear and I told him no, when we saw the bear, he told me "I told you we would see a bear".
The trip back to San Francisco was long (5 hours) and pretty straight forward on lots of interstate highways, coming into San Francisco was very cool, over the Bay Bridge. You could see the Golden Gate bridge covered in fog which was cool.
Yesterday after arriving we walked down to Union Square and did a bit of shopping. Today Micah and I went with Dave to the Mascone Center for him to register for his conference and then we did some shopping. Tomorrow we plan on starting our sightseeing as Dave is at the conference all week.
See our latest news!

1 Comments:
Glad that you are having a great time and that Micah is getting to see all the animals he wants. I really liked his photos. Please put more up.
Post a Comment
<< Home